Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Chapter for the Hines


We have been super busy this summer with kids at camps, Halee and I in Cali, Kurt doing the training every morning with the football players, and life in general. As we get closer to school starting we are moving into a new stage for all of the Hines Crew. Halee flies out on the 21st to begin school on Sept 2nd. She will have so many new experiences good and bad that will have her grow. Room mates, classes, friends, job, homesickness, and money issues will all be challenges at one point or another. This is the time when one find out how to be comfortable with themselves and not have to rely on others.
Abby is off to HS. This is going to be a MAJOR step for her. I wish Halee would have been in the HS another year to guide and direct her, but now Ms. Abbster will have to learn some challenging things on her own. I just hope that she remains a leader in the right direction! High school can suck if you make some wrong choices! Trust me on that!!!
Brock will be heading into 7th grade which is on the other side of the middle school so he and Sophia will be separated. I know the two of them would never admit it, but I know they watch out for each other. I will be such a growing time for all four kids and hope I can support them the best I know how!
As for Kurt and I we too have a lot of changes this school year. Kurt will finally have a football team with seniors! Since the school opened 2 years ago with only Freshman/Sophomores the time has now come for all four grades to be housed at BHS. Not saying the players will be big by any means, he still has to work on the players size issue... Also he has a new Athletic Director to report to that is very by the book and I hope supports the football program, and understands the challenges Kurt faces with such a new squad.
I am heading back to work in a week and have to face a new boss. I am not sure of his personality and if he can understand mine... There is SO much to do to get BHS up and running correctly. I cant sleep some nights freaking out about all the little stuff that people/parents just dont realize. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it, $11.80 an hour is worth being this crazy and stressed! Sometimes I wounder if I went out into the real world and did what do I would be paid a heck of a lot more! But I love my vacations and the time with my family so I will suck it up and medicate.
Oh ya, I just bought a non-mom car today, a 2010 Toyota Camry XLE, red and is loaded with everything. A new chapter indeed, now I have a car payment after 4 years of not having one...

1 comment:

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Sweet car, Jilly! Is that the one you came in the other night? Much more sophisticated then my old (very old) Camry!
You guys do have a lot of changes this year, but I have a feeling you will roll with them. And then, there is also more medication. Ha!
So great to see you last weekend. Bring those cute kids with you next time :)