Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Do you Belive in Three's?

What a week for the Hines Crew...
For a few days I couldn't understand how I was warm for a few hours then so cold. I know I have oil in the tank cause I had just gotten raked over the coals for an emergency delivery on a Sunday. $100 extra on top of the cost. Then a call from our renters answered the hot and cold mystery... Our oil burner was failing. I had to take a day off and wait for the over priced oil burner fixer guy to come and charge us $24. for parts and $200 for labor. Are you kidding me? I swear he was just kick'n it in the boiler room going through my "food supply" and taking notes. Needless to say we are warm.
Next, Dallas our 14 year old Chocolate lab had to be put down. She was the BEST dog anyone could ask for. She never left our yard, walked our kids to the bus stop and then watch them get on the bus and walk back up the driveway, she go stomped on but the kids for years and was a huge part of our family. Things started to go bad last year when her back legs would give out. Picture a keg on legs and that was her. She was well loved... Much like me:) Pizza was her favorite, also like me. Dally would be standing up and the next thing you know she would be a starfish on the floor because her hip would give out. 75 lbs is tough to be picking up. She would fall down the stairs and I know she would be embarrassed by her sweet look she would give. The thing that sucks the most is that she was totally with it, her eyes, hearing, and her mind, the day we gave her eternal life....
Finally, Superbowl Sunday, family, food, and fun, right? Nope. Ice Dams, urrg. We had water coming into our house and the rental property. Remember we live in NH, A.K.A The Arctic, it is dark and late and wicked icy out. Kurt and I headed out to take care of the issue. Mind you Kurt is at the top of the ladder, I am holding it at the bottom and he is chipping off chunks the size of a small child. Finally, after getting pelted I smarten up and went to go get Brocks snowboarding helmet, and goggles. Quite a picture. The other problem is that my back and arms are exposed and getting beat down, thought again comes to mind, golf umbrella. Now I am at the bottom of the ladder trying to hold it steady and hold my umbrella and trying not to cry during all of this. After about an hour and a half we decide Kurt would stay home on Monday and finish up. It took Kurt six hours on the roof to clear both sides. I have never seen so Kurt depressed about winter. He asked me to start looking at homes in California or South of Virgina. Sophia just kept walking around reciting the commercial about depression hurting everyone... He is back to "Mr. Optimist" now, but yikes I was worried, I had to be on my A game and that does not happen often. In talking to a lot of people, this winter has been tough one.
Three trying things for us in a short time, so I am looking for the bright light now...
So I am off to go tanning so I don't snap and take my family out this week. (Just looked out the window and it is freaken snowing...REALLY?)

No comments: